As the cold weather starts to roll in mice will be looking for warm places where they can nest. So don’t be surprised if they end up in your home and you doing some mice pest control. Mice are warm blooded. Just like humans are. Mice seek shelter in the winter months where it is warm. They also need and want easy access to food. One thing that is different, however, is that mice reproduce very fast. Where you saw one mice. Don’t be surprised if that one mouse becomes a full-blown mice infestation in only a few months of time.
Preempt the infestation with mice pest control as soon as you see signs of mice in your home.
The signs you need mice pest control ASAP
- These usually include sounds in the attic at night.
(Mice feel safer to come out and forage when you go to bed.)
- You may see droppings.
- You may see places where they have eaten through, such as wooden floors and even holes in your furniture giving shelter to the mice on the inside.
- Very often you see the mice themselves.
You may choose to deal with the mice yourself.
Beware many times infestations occur because home owners are not equipped to deal with mice. It is best to call in a mice pest control company.
These companies use methods that are tried and sure to eliminate mice and rats. Such companies also have the necessary equipment and stock up to date and effective poisons. You may get upset when you think about the mice or pest exterminator having to revert to the use of poisons to get rid of mice, but you shouldn’t. There are not many other ways to keep their populations under control.
So exactly what does the mice pest control company do when they come to your home?
- They will go through your home to determine where the mice are coming in through. The exterminator will estimate the extent of the infestation and anything else that is pertinent to the problem. They will locate nests if there are any and come up with a plan to deal with them.
- They then install and distribute a certain number of mice poison packets in all the right places. This poison is usually very fast acting. The company will do the extermination as fast as possible, Most companies also handle the decontamination of all debris, poisons and dead mice before they leave.
- There is always a chance that there are some mice that will not eat the poison. The exterminator will leave behind well placed mechanical traps equipped with poison. They commonly install them in dark corners and along the walls where mice feel safe to walk.
- The mice pest control company will also block all the entrances which the mice were using to gain access to your home. Whether you leave in an old or new home. There are always means to block areas that give mice access. So don’t take the word of any exterminator serious who tells you that they are not able to block off all these openings.
- A good extermination company will also take the time to talk with you about how you can keep your home mice free after a successful mice pest control operation.. They will show you where the mechanical traps are so that you can check on them yourself from time to time. They will also give you tips on what to do to discourage the mice from coming back to your home.
- On your part, you should interview them and ask them any questions that you may have left after their visit. If there are areas that you feel that are particularly susceptible to infestations you can ask them what extra steps they think you can take. You can also schedule a date in the future when they can come back for regular spot checks and or maintenance.
Now that you are aware what steps the pest exterminators will take to get rid of mice in your home.
You may be wondering which mice pest control company to choose.
After all, there are so many of them. The best mice pest control companies are those that have been around for long enough to have created a good name for themselves. Look for reviews online or ask the company to give you a few references that you can talk to.
We invite you try us Avon Pest Control.
You can find out more about us on our website.
We hope this news article was helpful as to explain what our mice pest control service entails.