Avon Pest Control is your premier pest control agency in Warwickshire. We would like to offer some tips for bug bites. With years of extensive industry experience. We continue to help many homes, families and businesses become pest-free. With the latest in pest detection equipment – along with insecticides – we can truly protect your property from infestation of any kind.
This includes bees, wasps and hornets, along with fire ants, bed bugs, mosquitoes and more. While we offer the latest in aerial pesticides and sprays, we are equally committed to protecting our neighbors when we are not around.
With this in mind, here are some important home remedies and tips for bug bites that you should find helpful.
Tips for Bug Bites from Mosquitos
Mosquito bites are among the most common during the summer months. As you know, these bites can be rather itchy and swell up as well. To prevent this from occurring, simply follow these easy tips for bug bites from mosquitos:
- Oatmeal paste – you can mix oatmeal and water to make a great, soothing paste for mosquito treatment. Oatmeal also stops inflammation, and you should keep the paste on the bite for about then minutes for best results.
- Basil – simply boil a cup of water and add dried basil leaves. After it cools down, use a soft piece of cloth to dab the mixture and apply on the bite. This helps a great deal in keeping the pain, swelling and itching down.
- Honey – honey is also great for bug bites and it’s full of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties as well. Simply put some honey on your bite and experience the results!
- Baking soda – baking soda has sodium bicarbonate, which is truly a great remedy for mosquito and other bug bites. Simply make a paste with water and apply on the affected area(s) for 10 minutes.
Tips for Bee and Wasp Stings
Bee or wasp stings can be incredibly painful and uncomfortable.
These pests usually attack humans or dogs when they feel threatened – and normally during the warm summer months. Bee and wasp stingers contain poisons and venoms, which can cause harmful allergic reactions and even fatalities.
With this in mind, here are some home remedies for these types of stings:
• Remove the stinger right away by hand or tweezers if needed.
• Apply ice on the affected area to keep swelling, pain and inflammation down.
• Use antiseptic soap and water to clean the area.
• Apply a paste with a mix of baking soda and water to cool the area.
• You can also use apple cider, vinegar or honey to cool the area as well.
At Avon Pest Control, we are committed to helping our customers and their families.
We hope these essential tips for bug bites can prevent future problems from occurring.
However, it is equally important to speak with your doctor about any medicines needed for bug bites as well.
For more information, simply contact us today or visit on our website here: https://www.avon-pestcontrol.co.uk/pestControl