FREE No Nonsense Bedbug Pest Control Advice & Solutions
Whilst they cannot jump, or fly, they can crawl very quickly over walls, floors, ceilings, and furniture surfaces.
They feed on human blood, are mostly active during the night, and often live in bedding, beds (as their name suggests), cracks and furniture.
They are expert hitchhikers, and travel from place to place on clothing and luggage.
Here at Avon Pest Control, we understand how upsetting and irritating these pests can be.
Here is Why You need to Control Bedbugs Populations?
Most people have no reaction and are unaware of bedbugs as an Anaesthetic is injected when they bite.
However, many people experience a reaction, including itching and painful swelling.
As the bites can cause itching, secondary infection from scratching may occur.
Furthermore a range of psychological effects may be experienced such as sleep deprivation, insomnia, and anxiety from sharing a bed with such unwanted house guests.
In rare cases, certain individuals may experience a more severe reaction, known as Anaphylaxis.
If someone has symptoms of Anaphylaxis, treat the condition as a medical emergency and call 999 for an ambulance immediately.
Bedbug bites can be mistaken for chickenpox, scabies, other dermatological conditions, and bites from other pests, such as mosquitos or fleas. Look out for 3 or 4 bites in a line or a cu
rve, usually on parts of the body which are exposed during the night, e.g. face, neck and back. Flea bites are generally located lower down on the body, e.g. legs and ankles. Once bedbug bites have been identified, Avon Pest Control strongly recommend that you contact a pest control expert as soon as possible.
Bedbug Pest Control & Eradication
Do-it-yourself methods of bedbug removal tend to be difficult, can take weeks or months to begin to resolve and are likely to be ultimately unsuccessful.
One solitary missed egg can mean the infestation begins again, and whilst they need to feed on human blood, they have been known to survive for up to a year without feeding.
The first step is to establish the scale of the infestation, then clean all infected rooms including bagging up clothing and bedding for further inspection and treatment.
The mattress itself should be vacuumed, cleaned, sprayed with professional pesticides, and encased in a bedbug proof protective covering.
All infected areas must be thoroughly searched to discover any bedbug hiding places, e.g. wall cracks and behind skirting boards, then sprayed with pesticides.
Entire eradication can take multiple professional treatments over a period of several weeks.
Avon Pest Control can deal with this complicated process for you with our professional grade products and technical expertise.
Bedbug Prevention is Better than Cure
Take preventative measures to reduce the chances of a bedbug infestation happening at your property!
- Stay vigilant; before moving into a new house, or staying in a hotel, apartment, or hostel, check for signs of bedbugs, e.g. small brown insects in/near the bed area, and small smears of blood on bedding and/or headboards
- Thoroughly inspect second-hand furniture before buying it and bringing it home. If the furniture appears infection free and safe to bring home, clean the furniture thoroughly before taking it to your bedroom
- If you discover you have stayed in an infested room, check your luggage and clothing immediately. If you identify bedbugs or eggs you can do the following;
- wash your clothes at a 60° setting, or
- tumble dry on a hot setting for a minimum of 30 minutes, or
- put the infected belongings into a bag and put them in a deep freezer for a minimum of 3 days